I rewatched Beauty and the Beast last night and I have some thoughts on this:
- The entire movie takes place over 3ish days. No more than 4. Which is to say that she goes from hating the beast to loving him over the course of about 72 hours.
- We never learn his name. The guy she falls in love with? SHE DOESN”T KNOW HIS NAME. (Carly Rae Jepsen would likely approve.)
- Supposedly the castle was cursed, like, ten years ago before the film but no one in the movie—none of the townspeople—knew that there was a haunted castle with a prince in it just a mile or so away from them. And yet when they’re all angry and ready to set some shit on fire, they know how to get there.
- Did the castle have its own tailor? When did the Beast get that wardrobe?
- I’m disconcerted by the idea of a candlestick trying to sleep with a dust brush thing. Call me narrow-minded, but I just don’t like it.
- The music is still pretty awesome, though. And the chandelier bit is still impressive and pretty.
- Also, I want a castle. With a library.